Organize your digital scrapbooking collection! QuickTip1



Today I wanted to share a quick tip tutorial to help you organize your digital scrapbooking files. If you're like me, it doesn't take too much time before the scrapbooking kits piles up in a folder or two....

Did you know there was a nice way to have large thumbnails of your kits, so it makes it easier to locate the files you are looking for?

Note: I'm using Windows XP, but you can probably do the same thing with newer windows versions.

First, I wanted to show you the final result screenshot:

4283140909_3fd9d2ffa6_o


Here's how you can have those big thumbnails.

First, go your main digital scrapbooking folder, and select the thumbnail view:

qt1

The default view will be like this:
qt0

Now right-click on the file thumbnail and select properties:
qt2

Select the Customize tab, and then Choose picture
qt3a


Select the picture you want, then click Open, followed by Ok.
qt4

You're all done! No more searching through files with obscure names!!! I started including the Cover picture in my freebies so you can use them as thumbnails. Let me know in the comments if you found this little tutorial useful!
final


Don't miss a post or upcoming freebies! | View all freebies



Filed Under: ,

About the Author

My name is Rosemarie or known as alias Rosemarie Pixel. I am a photo, digital scrapbooking, and blogging enthusiast. I created this blog in 2009 to share everything I am learning about these three new medias.

6 comments

Trackback URL | Comments RSS Feed

  1. Melanie says:

    Very helpful----now I can see what is in my folders! Thanks!

     
  2. Rosemarie says:

    @Melanie: Glad you found it useful :)
    I'd never go back the old way!

     
  3. amyjo1976 says:

    Thank you so much! I've been in the process of sorting out folders for weeks now because a year ago when I started, I didn't realize how much of a hobby this would become. I downloaded so many things and never organized them. Now I have the time consuming task of figuring out what's in the folder and then placing them in the right category. This helps out a lot.

     
  4. Rosemarie says:

    @Amyjo: I soooo know what you mean! I decided to dump everything in one Scrapbooking folder in the end! I wish we could tag windows files!

     

  5. Thank you! This blog post will be advertised on CraftCrave in the Tutorials category today (look for timestamp: [16 Feb 01:00pm GMT]).

     
  6. Anonymous says:

    very helpful Thanks!!!

     

Leave a Reply