See how easily you can paint like Claude Monet



This is part one of the Impressionist effect tutorial. ( read part 2 here )

“I would advise young artists . . . to paint as they can, as long as they can, without being afraid of painting badly . . . . If their painting doesn't improve by itself, it means that nothing can be done - and I wouldn't do anything!” ~Claude Monet


We all have pictures that are just good. I mean, they are ok, nice focus, well centered, nice subject, but, as much as you like it, there is something missing. Oh sure, it will look nice in a digital scrapbook, but with only a few photoshop tools, it can look awesome and give you a nice background for your scrapbook layout.

From Wikipedia (because they can explain better than I can): Characteristics of Impressionist paintings include visible brush strokes, open composition, emphasis on light in its changing qualities (often accentuating the effects of the passage of time), ordinary subject matter, the inclusion of movement as a crucial element of human perception and experience, and unusual visual angles.

To achieve that, in this Impressionism Photoshop Tutorial we'll focus on the Art history brush and the color saturation (I'm using the CS4 version, although previous versions have similar tools also). Continue on part 2

impressionist2

Continue on part 2



Filed Under: ,

About the Author

My name is Rosemarie or known as alias Rosemarie Pixel. I am a photo, digital scrapbooking, and blogging enthusiast. I created this blog in 2009 to share everything I am learning about these three new medias.

Leave a Reply