What is RSS and a Feed Reader?



Why read a blog in a Feed Reader?
Reading a blog in a feed reader allows you to be delivered the latest content from the site you are interested in. You don't have to visit the individual sites to see if there are updates. You just need to go in your Feed Reader and all the updates will be there!

What do I need to do to read an RSS Feed?

A variety of RSS Readers are available for different platforms. Some popular feed readers include FeedReader and NewsGator (integrates with Outlook).

There are also a number of web-based feed readers available. My Yahoo, Bloglines, and Google Reader are popular web-based feed readers.

Screenshot of Google Reader:



Filed Under:

About the Author

My name is Rosemarie or known as alias Rosemarie Pixel. I am a photo, digital scrapbooking, and blogging enthusiast. I created this blog in 2009 to share everything I am learning about these three new medias.